Monday 15 August 2011

Day 6

Today there has been a slight increase in pain, but it is still tolerable.

I'm starting to worry about the area of large bruising because that is where the pain is increasing and I can feel a big lump of dried blood under the bandages. I'm hoping that it is just a bruise and not a hematoma. I guess I'll see tomorrow!

I have mixed feelings about the dressings coming off tomorrow. I can't wait for the pulling and itching of the dressings to go away but I'm also terrified of seeing the bruising/bleeding/stitches. I've been googling "day 5 post breast reduction photos" today and I have to say it isn't pretty. The boobs in the pictures look no where near as healed as I thought they would be. They look like they will come apart so easily.

I'm a bit disappointed to find out that I will only be seeing the nurse tomorrow and not the surgeon. Not sure why, I guess I just wanted the all clear from him, but I guess the nurse knows what she is doing.

The tiredness is continuing but it is getting much easier to sleep at night so I think that I should feel better soon.













No comments:

Post a Comment